TOP PAGE>Allergy Encyclopedia>Symptoms of type II
Symptoms of type II
The main symptom of type II is thrombocytopenia.
The official name is ”Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura”. An autoantibody against its own platelets are made, and it destroy its own platelets in the spleen. As a result, platelets are reduced. This disease is inherited.
Various symptoms are caused by reduction of platelets and bleeding becoming difficult to catch.
- Punctate or mottled bleeding on the skin
- Bleeding from the gums, oral mucosal bleeding
- Blood is mixed in the flight, black stools appear
- Blood is mixed in urine, it becomes color like black tea
- Menorrhagia, menstruation is difficult to stop
- In severe cases, cerebral hemorrhage
Progression of illness
here are two types of thrombocytopenia: acute type and chronic type.
- In many case, children develop.
- 90% healing within 6 months after onset
- Many people with onset below the age of 5, especially in boys
- There is a case that it transits from acute type to chronic.
- The middle-aged 20s and 40s and elderly people in the 60s to 80s are affected more frequently.
- It lasts more than 6 months after onset.
- The ratio of men and women in the 20s and 40s is about 1:4.
- There is no ratio between men and women in the case of elderly people.
Method of treatment
When this disease shifts to a chronic type or when infants develop chronic type, the following things are considered effective. However, careful attention to bleeding is necessary during the period until healing.
- Removal of Helicobacter pylori ... It has been confirmed that removal of Helicobacter pylori in the intestines of patients increases platelets in many patients.
- Administration of steroid medicine
- Removal of the spleen
- Take medicine to increase platelet production ... Elton Rompa and subcutaneous injection of romiprostin etc.